Sunday, October 25, 2009

....

It's amazing how cancer infiltrates every area of life. Yesterday I was cooking for a very long time, something I despise doing... and I found myself wondering several times why I was making so much food to eat when I don't know what Friday's CT scan outcome will tell me about all of the minor symptoms I've been experiencing, and therefore how much longer I'll be living here to eat this food.

On a different note, our pastor said something today about God that I've never quite understood. He said that God feels our pain. I knew that God knows about our pain, but that God feels our pain was new for me. I'm not sure how to articulate how deeply this encouraged me, but it did.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear sweet Martha! Your strength and articulation is remarkable. You could never get through all this without the amazing grace of God! Thank you for your testimony of faith and perserverance. Letting go of you will be very difficult, but knowing where you'll be is just awesome. Ofcourse my prayers are still for healing, but God's will be done. He is holding you in the palm of his hand and if that isn't encouraging, I don't know what is. I love you and am so fortunate to have you in my life. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Martha - you are being used by God to help us refocus our life's priorities.... I love the name of your blog.

    A friend of your family - in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete